Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps turning itself off!

• Please log in to reply

turkuno

turkuno

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this topic has probably has come up in the past. However I have been searching for a solution to my problem, and I cant figure it out. My computer, randomly, keeps turning itself off. Sometimes it will turn off and restart on its own. Also sometimes it will just go to blank screen and I would have to manually turn it off. I have turned off the "restart after error" option in the control panel. With this turned off I still wont get the blue screen once the computer turns off. I do have a couple of things that it could be: psu, overheating or some kind of virus. I have scanned the computer for a virus, nothing came back. Also the fan seems to be working fine.

I do have this error message from the event log:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 f865be19, parameter3 b5ebafac, parameter4 00000000.

And this error message from the previous shut down:
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 88261ee0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804f4d86.

I wish I knew what this means, hopefully someone in this forum could lend a helping hand.

Thanks

Running XP with 1 gb of mem

Advertisements

JayJay

JayJay

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi there,
The problems you are experienceing could be due to a few main things. Like with all problems, have you checked your running the latest drivers?
If you are, the error you are experiencing sounds like a processor/ram issue. If you're overclocking, maybe try returning things to clock speeds.
Check your ram is seated correctly. What PSU are you using? You might be overloading it - happened to me a while back.

Hope some of that was of use.
Flash.