Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows won't install

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Here is a new one for you guys. I just replaced the mobo in my system (see board in sig) and I had windows installed on my hd from my old board and it booted. I went to reinstall so the system is stable, and the install will go all the way to installing devices and stop and say it has 34 min left on the install. I went to bed and let it run all night to see if it would unfreeze but after 7 hrs it was in the same spot

Please help! I'm pretty good with builds, but this really has me stumped.

Advertisements

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
well, I figured that out quick... I started intalling and my USB keyboard unlit itself, like it was turned off when it got to that point, so I unplugged it and restarted the machine it it worked... Well, now I have a problem now that I have Windows installed...

My ethernet is not being detected by windows, so I'm stuck not being able to update to service pack 2. Here is a link to my mobo specs, and let me know if you can help me find out why windows didn't pick up the connect when I installed. (the connection isn't even showing up in Network connections) So I don't even know how to install it, it's not even detected in add hardware, or anything, so I'm wondering how I can get it to show up.

http://www.ascendtec...=MB64HPNAGAMI2L

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
look in the device manager...got any yellow ! or ? marks by the network adapter...install those drivers...reboot
no joy

Lets try and see whether you have equipment related problems. In this step, we will allow the equipment to self-diagnose and resolve the problems.

If you suddenly lose connectivity over your High Speed Internet line, have a slow connection or are unable to browse the Internet despite indications that you are connected, it is possible that your modem is not communicating properly with the Internet network.

Save all your current work, close all open applications, then shut down your computer ...unplug router and modem

Power up the modem first and after it gets initialized and all the lites are steady..
power up the router...after all the lites are on...
power up the computer

The above steps should take care of your problem

no joy then try this..

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....press enter....to open a command prompt box

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter

Edited by happyrck, 31 March 2008 - 06:39 AM.

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
thanks, I resolved my problem... I was having problems finding drivers, I found them, and solved my problems... Everything is working properly.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)