Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

load needed DLLs for kernel and more..

• Please log in to reply

Dummy132

Dummy132

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everyone, I feel like a fool on how this occured but i will go through the steps i took to end up where i am now.

My computer is a HP Pavilion Dv9000t CTO Notebook.

First i realised my computer had a virus, so i went to system restore to restore my PC to an earlier point, though wasnt paying attention and ended up running system recovery. As it started system recovery i turned my computer off asap..... i know a STUPID thing to do because it was backing up files as i turned it off. After i rebooted my computer i ended up getting the blue screen, as it rebooted itself again it came up with the options to start it in safe mode, last known settings and more. I tried starting it from all the options but they all displayed the same error and that i should report it as :load needed DLLs for kernel. I did some search on the internet on how to fix this problem and ended up trying to restore my computer with the XP Home restore CD... though when i tried this it just installed windows so i tried it again but this time it said i have to delete a current windows and i thought it ment the windows XP home edition that i just installed at the time, though now im quite sure it ment the Media Center edition that my computer usually runs on. As i started installing windows again i realised it wasnt the recovery option and switched it off.

After these events i tuned my computer on and had the option to run my computer from:

XP Home Edition (Works fine and is what im using atm)
XP Home Edition (Comes up with an error and reboots)

There is no XP Media Center to start it from. When i am running in the Windows XP Home Edition that works i have full access to my Harddrive. As you can see i have created myself a world of problems. I feel like there is no easy way out and that i will have to put my computer in a shop, though i dont have any money of my own as i just finished school and would like to fix this problem at home if it is possible. As my computer is a HP it did not come with any Recovery CD's or anything like that, i had to make them from when i started my computer, though whenever i tried to make them i found that i got errors.

So ultimately i know:

Windows XP Media Center (not sure what happened to it, think its been deleted)
Windows XP Home Edition (Works fine and is what im using atm)
Windows XP Home Edition (Comes up with an error and reboots)

I would like to get my computer back to the same state as just before i tried any of this.

If you can help pleease do xD, Thank You.

Advertisements