Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have 224 memory Hummmm

• Please log in to reply

nascar6

nascar6

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
<_<

I installed Nascar 2004 I have Xp system but it says I dont have enough memory to play it. I thought I had 256 but it showes I have 224. What do I need to do upgrade

Thanks

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Your integrated graphics are using 32 MB of your RAM. For NASCAR 2004, that's pretty weak. What kind of graphics are on your system? I have integrated Intel Extreme Graphics and it says my system has 256 like normal, even though it is integrated. Integrated video means it takes your system RAM and converts it to video. It just depends on what type of integrated video you have that that effects your system RAM count. My suggestion, get a better video card. If you have a AGP slot, go with the best video card you can afford. If you don't have a AGP slot (like me) your pretty much stuck at the graphics you are now. The only option there would be a PCI video card (slower than AGP). If you tell us how much you can spend on a video card and whether or not you have an AGP slot, we can give you suggestions. A ram upgrade to 512 MB would help your overall system performace, I suggest it if you have the money.

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Here's a picture of where an AGP slot would be and what it looks like:

Posted Image

nascar6

nascar6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well that is all greek to me lol but I can tell you I have a Hp Pavilion 751N that is all I can tell ya <_<

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
I went to the HP and got the specs on your system. Good news you do have an AGP slot <_<. You will need to upgrade your video card to be able upgrade to an AGP video card. The reason you need to upgrade your video card is your integrated graphics will just not take the game. Here is an awesome and cheap graphics card ($45 w/ free shipping):

http://www.newegg.co...-163-104&depa=1

This card will handle your game just fine. You may want to upgrade your RAM to 512 MB, because your system RAM now just barely meets the minimum system requirements for the game. If you upgrade your video card, your system will read as 256 MB system RAM for the game and you will be able to run it. This is because true video cards (not integrated) run on their own memory and not the system's. My suggestion, buy the video card.