Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with RAM upgrade

• Please log in to reply

123batfink

123batfink

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello
I bought a 1gb upgrade for my Fujitsu Scaleo T desktop, but it won't work either on its own or with the 2x512mb sticks that the system already had.
This is the product I bought http://www.ebuyer.com/product/63128
I've read on other forums that it might be because I need 'low density' ram. Is this the case, or have I just got a duff stick?
When i try and boot the computer with just the new stick in I just get a black screen. When I boot it with the old orginal memory in, it boots fine but only 1gb is listed.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
g

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Doesn't like the new stick of memory OR it's faulty.
Swap them over, see if it'll talk to the new one in the other slot. If not, RMA it back to eBuyer.
Then try the replacement stick, if that fails then you may want to use a company such as Crucial which sell memory guaranteed to work with your computer or your money back.