Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

load error

• Please log in to reply

zigalo

zigalo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

i have this system running on windows 2000 professional... just from no where it stops booting normal coming up with the error code 124... looking code 124.. it was as result of a worm and i tried reload the system with wondows 2k but it comes up with the error message press a key to reboot and when i press a key to reboot it takes me back to the same screen.. its really freaking me out... please come some help me come up with a solution..?

thanks in anticipation

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to set your machine to boot from the CD for you do a repair or reinstall. I'm assuming that you have the win2K CE. It will be in your BIOS settings, boot order, on some machines you press a function key to change the boot order, F12 for Dell for example.