Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with transferring MP3 files

• Please log in to reply

aloewenthal

aloewenthal

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have almost 10,000 songs on my computer and they are all currently divided into about 12 different folders. (It was easier for me to transfer them into iTunes this way and keep track of songs.)
Some folders are inside of other folders also.

Now i want to clean up my desktop and put all of the songs into one folder, without losing any songs or transferring each song individually.

Any suggestions on what i need to do?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you tried using windows explorer?( click my computer, click explore) there you can click open a folder, go to EDIT, click on "Select All", then go back and click EDIT, then click "move to Folder". It's the fastest way i know of. I, too, Have my 50 Gigs of music on one computer but i prefer having many folders, as windows can take a pretty long time reading all the files in one folder if theres a lot of them.

Also if you right click my computer, then click explore you will come up with a double pane window that will let you "drag and Drop" between folders. Very fast way to move files. It's how i move my downloaded videos.

SRX660

aloewenthal

aloewenthal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I looked and don't have the explore option :)

When I click Computer the only things that shows up are my folders.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do you have a start button in the task bar? Can you click that, then click on "Accessories" Then click "Windows Explorer" to open it up. There you should be able to open the folder in the desktop by keep movint up a window at a time. Once there open a folder, click edit >select all, then go back up to edit > move to folder, and move them.

If you do not have windows explorer on your computer perhaps you can tell me what operating system you have where this does not work. Has your system been crashed so badly that you cannot start windows?

Never heard of this before.

SRX660

aloewenthal

aloewenthal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
nevermind.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
If all your songs are in iTunes then go to the Advanced Tab at the top and select consilate libary,
This means itunes will copy it all to the iTunes music folder so you can delete the other folders

aloewenthal

aloewenthal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thank you