Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MIND CONTROLLING TECHNOLOGY!

• Please log in to reply

burntchips

burntchips

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Freaky findings from an article posted on Digg!

New media banner technology called "trustbanners" that can control our minds to make us buy whatever the ad wants us to buy!!
Done through some "revolutionary method of gaining consumer trust through high frequency (90fps) banner adverts which stimulate specific regions of the visual cortex (Visual area V5/MT) producing instant effects on consumers"

I dont think these are allowed...right? or am I wrong :)

The article: http://digg.com/tech...TO_YOUR_WEBSITE

The site with info: http://www.trustbanners.com/

What are your thoughts?

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
I didn't click on the trustbanners link because I've never heard of the site and site adviser hasn't checked it out yet but I'd say it's pretty stupid. While certain colors do stimulate the brain and make you in a happier mood (or sadder, depending on the colors), which is a common practice in fast food joints and restaurants, I see no way how some animated dots on the side of a banner will make you want to do something for no apparent reason. It's not mind control, it just appeals to those with no self control (as do 99% of product ads.)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
April Fools! :)

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Look at the middle of this image for 5 seconds:

Posted Image

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
April fools! :) Check out Google's April Fools this year, they're quite good.

:) @ sarahw