Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp repair problem

• Please log in to reply

munkee510

munkee510

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys, I was doing a repair of xp and my setup hangs at 33 minutes left. how do i exit the setup sxcreen, and how can i successfully run the repair.

Thanks guys

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Would this be a laptop by chance? The easiest thing to do is let it run, It's likely hungup and may take a couple hours to continue. There's also a workaround using an 'F' key, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Let it run a few hours and see what happens. :tazz:

munkee510

munkee510

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nope, desktop. also its frozen at a window where its showing degional and language options, i cant move the cursor. I'll let it run for the night and give you an update tomorrow.

Thanks

munkee510

munkee510

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
failed :tazz: stiill frozen

munkee510

munkee510

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump... can anyone help me? how to cancel the setup midway or how to solve this problem, it freezes when intalling devices.

Thanks

Edited by munkee510, 25 April 2005 - 05:57 PM.

zeusxp

zeusxp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my repair installation also stops at 33 minutes after about an hour it asked about some programs that were not certified by microsoft so i didnt install them and thats it its been 1 and a half hours now and nothing!! i've done this 3 times and the same thing happens!