Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER BSOD!

• Please log in to reply

Falconchief

Falconchief

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Once again I find myself in need of your help! :)

I have been running my custom built Vista Ultimate 32bit computer for some time now with no problems.
I just recently installed an additional 2Gig of RAM (now have 4Gig). Everything seemed fine for some time, then I got an error:

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

I checked the device manager and noticed several 'Unknown Device' listed. I also checked the USB Hubs and noticed that some of them listed an 'Unknown Device' attached to the hub when there were none!

I removed ALL USB devices and still have the same problem. The only way I can solve it is to disable the USB in the BIOS, which really does NOT solve the problem as I no longer have USB support.

While reaserching this issue I have updated ALL drivers, installed ALL windows updates, and I have even deleted all the USB hubs and 'Unknown Devices', rebooted adn they all came back!

It seems there was a thread somewhere that mentioned Windows Vista machines with greater than 2Gig of RAM haveing this problem but I can NOT find a fix!

Can you offer me any help, or do I just have to remove my extra RAM until Microsoft corrects the problem?

Thanx in advance,

FalconChief

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Vista 32 bit will run great with 3GB of RAM.
Here is a link to a similar issue that may help you.

Falconchief

Falconchief

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
OK, I did see that pos but did not think it applied as I am using Vista. It SEEMS to be working although I still have a USB root hub that shows a USB mass storage device using 250ma of power installed even with NOTHING pluged into ANY external USB ports.

I'll let you know if the problem returnes.

Thanx again! :) :) :)

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Some of the fixes for XP and Vista work for both.
I hope that your issue is resolved.