Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with ActiveX

• Please log in to reply

pollyweather

pollyweather

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi, my mother recently bought me a program called "iolo System Mechanic"...it seemed pretty promising at first but nothing has really changed. It scanned and found three problems that it isn't able to repair, and they are all the same problems:

Problem: REPAIR FAILED Trusted Publisher: ''''is a trusted publisher

Vulnerability: Trusted publishers are capable of installing ActiveX applications on your computer without warning, allowing the publisher to gather high-security information about you can your computing habits.

Threat Level: 8

Repair: Remove'''' from Trusted Publishers

This seems to be the only program that was able to find three of these problems, but I can't manually repair it and the program can't either. Is there anything else I can do now? Thank you.

Advertisements