Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE Webpage Info Message

• Please log in to reply

noosaman

noosaman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I receive an IE Info message on some (not all) websites that reads; "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", when it clearly is displaying the webpage!

It is not always limited to a single display and seems to appear in place of ads on the page.

I regularly use ccleaner and hijackthis.

I have had this problem for about 2years and have learned to live with it, but would like to know how to cure it too.

Thanks for your attention.
Regards
Alan

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Have you ever posted a HJT log in the malware removal forum to see if it is clean?

I regularly use ccleaner and hijackthis.

Don't use HijackThis as a cleanup tool. You should only use this if you know what you're doing or under the guidance of malware removal experts.

Please read This before you post a log.

If you still have problems after a visit to the malware doctors post back and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,
Olrik

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,960 posts
  • MVP
noosaman,

Do you use any additional protection, such as IE-Spyads, or anything that might restrict potentially dangerous websites? If you do, it may block ads from sites that are considered unsafe due to the possibility of adware, spyware, etc. In that case, it may show that the sites for those individual ads are unavailable, even if the main page loads.

sari

noosaman

noosaman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thankyou Olrik and Sari, I use Spybot S&D also Spyware Blaster and Lavasoft AdAware.

I am posting my HJT to the Malware Doctors.

Regards
Alan