Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD problem

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I'm sorry, but I have no additional suggestions to make.

I've asked again for some of the other folks here to look in and see if they can help. Please PM me if you don't get any assistance by this time tomorrow and I'll escalate to the moderator level.

Advertisements

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thank you Ztruker, I appreciate it very much.
Regards, Den

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Den, one suggestion I've had is that this can be caused by bad ram. Please download and run memtest86 for 3-4 full passes, even let it run overnight, see if it finds anything.

This is bootable CD iso image. You don't burn the iso file itself to CD., you create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called DeepBurner which will do this. Another called ISO Recorder is also very easy to use.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Den, following is a response I got from one of our more hardware oriented guru's.

Dont know about your Machine check error solution either, but here is something on the DCOM Permisions error.

Have a look, seems like the exact thing this guy is getting.

http://royashbrook.b...26ad1-2166.html

A system service wants but doesn't have permission to access DCOM. Another fix may be adding NETWORK SERVICE user account to the Distributed COM Users group if the first one does not work.

http://www.itnewsgro.../topic3260.aspx

The Machine check error

The ping the guy heard may have been some sort of thermal relay? A capacitor that popped? I would be inspecting that board for blown capacitors, Could have been a component in the powersupply as well.

Could be a devil to troubleshoot without swapping parts. I don't know how you could find the bad gear without exchanging stuff with known good.

Yes he has two issues, a hardware one, and a software permission problem as well. I don't think they are connected

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The last time I ran across machine_check_exception is was a bad CPU which was caused by the unit overheating because of a bad thermal connection between the processor and the cooler, which damaged the processor over time. But it can be caused by failure of the motherboard or memory as well. If you have another processor around of the same type you might try it. Also try taking out one piece of memory at a time and see if the problem is corrected. It's pretty much a process of elimination to find the cause.

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi ZTruker and Tyger,

Thank you both for suggestion.

For ZTruker: yes, I know for these posts and already try to do something with this, but I have the following problem while doing it: I cannot add Network Service to natmen; please see the first attached image (g2g-01) – this is what I have when Component Services > netman Properties > Launch Permission is open; so at this stage I click add network service and than I have situation as on second attached image (g2g-02) – so, although I have try few combinations, it seems that I am not bright enough to move forward with this “netman” thingy (I am not quite sure is there anything else what should be done before adding network service to netman …

As for the hardware – don’t actually sure how to check all bits and pieces – but here is the temperature from everest report:
Temperatures:
Motherboard 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU 37 °C (99 °F)
Aux 34 °C (93 °F)
Maxtor 6Y120L0 35 °C (95 °F)
Maxtor 6Y120L0 37 °C (99 °F)
I think this looks normal… is there maybe something specific from everest report that should point of some problems…

For Tyger: I don’t have spare parts to check the way you have suggested (hmmm.. and I am nor really brave to go directly into the box without knowing what I am looking for exactly)

If there is anything else I can do, please just advice…. Thank you guys for your time and help.

Regards,
Den

Attached Thumbnails

• g2g_01.jpg
  • g2g_02.jpg

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Den, I'm sorry but I'm completely out of ideas.

Did you run memtest86 as I posted before?

All I can suggest is to try a Repair Install of XP, see if that resolves the problem.

Edited by Ztruker, 16 April 2008 - 06:49 PM.

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Ztruker,

This is just update – it seems that I don’t have a other choice then to put up for now with these random crashes – its keep crashing with the error as above 2-3 times a day (no any participle order or similarity that I can think of… different programs).

However, today (and once few days ago) I’ve got different BSOD – so maybe just to look at it (if you find time of course).

Below is the event viewer error report, and I have attached two images: one is the image of the viewer itself (where you can see that before this error I have similar errors as on the beginning on the treat – although it didn’t crash exactly on them); and the second image is photo of BSOD for this error (I am sorry – just now while uploading the image see that my mobile camera didn’t make clear shot – hopefully you will be able to see something):
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 18/04/2008
Time: 16:09:14
User: N/A
Computer: DXXXXXXXXXXXX
Description:
Error code 00000077, parameter1 c000000e, parameter2 c000000e, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 07303000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 37 0000007
0020: 37 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 7 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 65 2c 20 00000e,
0038: 63 30 30 30 30 30 30 65 c000000e
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 37 33 30 00, 0730
0050: 33 30 30 30 3000

If maybe this can point exactly on the problem – that would be great – if not, hmmm, as I have said above – I have to put up with this…

One more thing regarding your previous post: I did xp repair, all possible scans I can think of (including memtest as you have suggested) and everything gives ok results. Strangely enough, I really couldn’t find to many (actually very small number) of articles or any post that examine my original problem…

Thank you for time and help.

Regards, Den

Attached Thumbnails

• g2g_10.gif
  • g2g_11.jpg

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Error code 00000077 seems to be related to hard drive problems, at least the 5 posts I looked at were.

It would be a good idea to run a hard drive diagnostic and see if it turns up anything. You can download the diag from the web site of the hard drive manufacturer. Get the bootable CD iso image.

You don't burn the iso file itself to CD., you create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called DeepBurner which will do this. Another called ISO Recorder is also very easy to use.

Run both the short and long test, see if anything is reported.

Also, now would be a very good time to backup your data, before something happens that prevents you from doing so.

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Ztruker,

Just a quick update: I did the diagnostics and everything is fine…

Nevertheless, in the last few days pc crashes once or twice (?) – is it possible that this is going away on its own? (if that’s the case I am lucky – although don’t know why this happens on the first place…)

Thank you for all your help and time.

Regards,
Den

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Den, I'm still convinced this is a hardware problem and they don't go away on their own. Just make sure your data is backed up so when the system does die, you won't lose it.