Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Biggest Problem In THe World Help!

• Please log in to reply

Murgy91

Murgy91

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi im having a lot of trouble, ive followed everything on the guide about building a new computer, tried out of box boot eveyrthing but the same thing happens, the power is been supplied but i get no on screen message or beeps? the heat sink is attached correctly and tried clearing cmos just nothing hapopens, also when i plug the computer to power it automaticly turns on, i can turn it off with the power button at the front of the computer but cant turn it on by the same means? do you have anything i can try? i know all the parts work because it was wroking perfectly before i took it apart :) now i cant get it working. hope you can help

Murgy
(Luke)

Edited by Murgy91, 02 April 2008 - 10:14 AM.

Advertisements

Richiiee

Richiiee

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
What did you alter when you first opened the computer when it was working?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Check that the memory is inserted correctly and that all the power supply cables are correctly connected. And go through the manual to see if there are any jumpers that need to be set.