Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

5 1/2 floppy drive error

• Please log in to reply

lovebug4hp

lovebug4hp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an IBM computer. I recently upgraded my Win98 to WinXP because my hard drive was corrupted. also, in Win98, during the startup process it always displayed "Error in Drive B:" funny because i only have the usual 3 point something floppy drive. this continued even after i installed XP. i wanted to know if the cpu has a 5 1/2 floppy drive inside it but there are no screws to open it. it only has a keyhole-like slot. i'm not sure if it is a keyhole. if it is, i don't have the key. my uncle gave this computer to me and he's outside the country. what should i do? <_<

Advertisements

kimblehyde

kimblehyde

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hun? o.k. well lets try this. the 51/2 inch floppy you are refering to is older than the hills and they don't even use them anymore. so if it is still in the computer take it outt and throw it away. then when your computer starts up it should not find it. if it does; turn off the computer and then turn it back on again and enter the bios setup. this is usuallly done by pressing f5 or ctrl+alt+s or some older computers it may have a floppy disk to get to these setting. then disable the 51/2 inch drive and reboot.

Good luck