Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32:Delf-IWD trojan horse [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Just one thing we need to remove

Please download RUNSCANNER to your desktop and run it.
  • When the first page comes up select Beginner Mode
  • On the next page select Save a binary .Run file (Recommended) then click Start full scan at the top.
  • At this time Runscanner.exe may request access to the Internet through your firewall please allow it to do so, it will then run for two or three minutes.
  • On completion it will ask for a location to save the file and a name. It will do this for both the .run file and the log
  • Call the file "Select a file name here" and save it to your desktop. You will see the .run file on your desktop. Please zip the .run file by right clicking and selecting send to Zip file

Then upload that as an attachment in your next post.

Advertisements

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I downloaded runscanner to my desktop and got a file called download.aspx. When I attempt to deploy it, windows asks me which program I want to open it with. I don't have a runscanner.exe file.

Edited by CompooterDummy, 04 April 2008 - 08:30 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Delete that, I think it's cause your using Windows 2000

A lot of our tools don't work for that OS

Backup Your Registry with ERUNT
  • Please use the following link and scroll down to ERUNT and download it.
    http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php
  • For version with the Installer:
    Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
  • For the zipped version:
    Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.
Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe

Now we need to fix your problems by making a .reg file. Copy the code below into a Notepad file. Name the file as fix.reg, change the "Save as Type" to "All files" and save it on the desktop.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\perfmons]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Routing]

Then double click on the fix.reg file, when it prompts to merge click "Yes".

Reboot and post a new HijackThis log

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
When I run HijackThis, which option do I pick:

1) Do a system scan and save a log file
2) Do a system scan only

???

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This one

1) Do a system scan and save a log file

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
here's the hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:42, on 2008-04-04
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6500\Browser\Bartshel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PeoplePC\ISP6500\Browser\PPShared.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6500\Browser\Bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC Accelerated\PeoplePC.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.peoplepc.com/websearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
O2 - BHO: EarthLink BHO Guard - {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000002} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\ScamGrd.dll
O2 - BHO: EarthLink ScamBlocker V3 - {15F4D456-5BAA-4076-8486-EECB38CD3E57} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\ScamGrd.dll
O2 - BHO: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - c:\program files\peoplepc\toolbar\ppctoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - c:\program files\peoplepc\toolbar\ppctoolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6500\BIN\PPCOLink.exe -STATION
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Refresh Pa&ge with Full Quality - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC Accelerated\pac-page.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Refresh Pi&cture with Full Quality - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC Accelerated\pac-image.html
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1207048643546
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CCEE0E6D-41E2-4091-892A-314B23E8F5C6}: NameServer = 209.244.0.3 209.244.0.4
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe

--
End of file - 3848 bytes

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Perfect

Click here to use the F-Secure Online Scanner
  • Then click the Start Scanning button below.
  • You should get a notification (bar on top) to install the activeX. Click on it and select to install the ActiveX.
  • Once the ActiveX is installed, you should accept the License terms by clicking OK below to start the scan.
  • In case you are having problems with installing the ActiveX/starting the scan, please read here.
  • Click the Full System Scan button.
  • It will start to download scanner components and databases. This can take a while.
  • The main scan will start.
  • Once the scan finished scanning, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button
  • It could be possible that your firewall gives an alert - allow it, because that's a connection you establish to submit infected files to F-Secure.
  • The cleaning can take a while, so please be patient.
  • Then click the Show report button and copy and paste what's present under results in your next reply.

Also tell me how your PC is running

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Here are the results:

Result: 2 malware found
HTML/Exploit!IFrame.G (virus)
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DEFAULT USER\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\09YZS16Z\CASLY55U.HTM (Submitted)
Tracking Cookie (spyware)
System

While F Secure was running, avast came up and said it found a virus, I moved it to the chest. Here's the information avast gave me:

Original file name: FireFoxUpdater.exe
Original Folder: C:/WINNT
Size of File:56320
Virus Description: Win32:Delf-IRM

I've read that some of these viruses can store themselves in RAM. If so, will this be a persistent problem?

The computer's been running a lot better.

Edited by CompooterDummy, 04 April 2008 - 01:43 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Your logs are clean ! We need to do a few things

You need to make a new System Restore point and remove your old ones

• Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to rech the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to beging the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.

* Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.

* To reduce re-infection for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing these free programs:
SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX
IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all
Have a look at this tutorial for IE-Spyad here

* SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.

Make Internet Explorer more secure
  • Click Start > Run
  • Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
  • Click on the Security tab
  • Click Reset all zones to default level
  • Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
  • In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
  • Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

* MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.

* Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from
Here

* Take a good look at the following suggestions for malware prevention by reading Tony Klein’s article 'How Did I Get Infected In The First Place'
Here

Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Thank You so much for all your help. You Rock!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.