Need Help with Virtumonde
Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:38 PM
Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:46 PM
Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:12 PM
Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:23 PM
IDE_0 or Primary Master, Primary Slave, then the device is indicated with the type or set to auto, size, etc.. It is very difficult to obtain the info as all BIOS are diferrent, but whereas the CD_ROM appears, the Hard drive should also appear.
Edited by JSntgRvr, 10 April 2008 - 08:23 PM.
Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:48 PM
Do not use the Recovery Console anymore. The issue is not related to the system.
It appears to be that the hard drive have either crashed, or its not being recognize in the BIOS, we will need to do some disassembly to confirm this. Since the computer is a desktop, it will be easy to do. In order to clear the information from the CMOS (The chip that holds the BIOS information) we will need to remove its battery from the computer for five minutes, then reconnect. Here is how:
Clearing the CMOS
In the event that the BIOS update process fails, you may need to clear the CMOS to restore the system to a functioning state.
- Remove the CMOS battery
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the computer's power cord from the AC power source (wall outlet or power adapter).
- Remove the computer cover.
- Locate the battery on the board.
- With a medium flat-bladed screwdriver, gently pry the battery free from its connector. Note the orientation of the "+" and "-" on the battery.
- Wait five minutes and then replace the battery.
Once done, reverse all your actions and once it is re-assembled, power the computer. Enter your BIOS and reset the date and time, Save and restart.
Let us know the outcome.
Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:48 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users