Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not being offered SP1 via Windows Update

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi there,

I am not being offered Service Pack 1 via Windows Update, and I was wondering why... I have the AC'97 Audio as my audio device, and I know that there are driver conflicts with it, but I have a greater version than that described here

At that website it says that it will not offer you SP1 if you have "For x86-based computers: Alcxwdm.sys - version 6.0.1.6242 or earlier", but in the picture shown below, I have version 6.0.1.6285 which is greater than the number stated on the Microsoft Webpage.

I was just able to download a driver update from Windows Update for AC'97, but am still not offered SP1 that is why I ask.

Can anyone shed some light on why I am not being offered SP1?

Thanks,

Bobbobagan

driver.jpg

Edited by bobbobagan, 02 April 2008 - 06:25 PM.

Advertisements

Dellica

Dellica

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
As far as I'm aware windows update will not list SP1 as long as there are conflicts, wether you have the latest version or not. If there is a conflict it just won't be listed there.

What driver you should exactly get for your soundchip to be able to get SP1 through the windows updater I don't exactly know however. A list of downloads available for windows you can find here and it says its been last updated 15's feb. 2008