Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Recording problem

• Please log in to reply

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
OS - Vista Ultimate 32-Bit

Realtek HD Audio
Driver Version - 6.0.1.5443
Audio Codec - ALC885

Problem - Well the problem is when I'm recording a song(in Audacity) with the background music playing in Audacity , the music also gets recorded and it ruins the whole recording . This should not happen as I'm using headphones while recording. The same problem used to happen when I was using XP . But I got rid of that from the Volume Control of XP. But in vista there are hardly any options to customize the sound mixer .

So in short I want that when I record the song there should be only vocals and not music. Please help!!

Advertisements

Dellica

Dellica

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
You can always try to download new versions of your driver, I looked up Realtek HD Audio codecs and there seem to be new downloads available updated the 31'st march 2008 right here

Just select the right amount of channels and download the latest versions.

Also in Vista, the soundmixer lets you select settings by device driver and applications. Maybe you should look for settings of the application Audacity, the application should be listed in there when it's opened and perhaps you'll find more settings there.