Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help center opens by itself

• Please log in to reply

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Here's a good on for someone.
On an hp laptop ze5470us xp sp2 the windows help and support center will open by its self. Sometimes as many as 258 instances will try to open at one time. If I bring up the task manager, the task manager help window will also open and closing this window also closes the task manager. I have spybot s&d loaded and if it is running the spybot help window will also open. If I exit this help window it will immediately reopen until I close spybot s&d. I have tried system restore to earlier date and it still occurs. This happens with Internet connect or not.
I have Mcafee virus software running and have updated and scanned with nothing found. I had this same problem a while back but it had stopped happening and has been fine for several months then yesterday it started again. Running spybot s&d usually finds one or two problems but have fixed them in the past with no problem.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem or what may be causing it?
If more information is need please let me know.

I was advised to post this here by another member.

Edited by mooseye, 03 April 2008 - 01:15 PM.

Advertisements