Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Recovery Problem

• Please log in to reply

ShatteredOne

ShatteredOne

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My system recovery stops at about 57% and says the "System Environment is Incomplete! Please Insert CD #1". So I do, but once it reaches 57% again, it comes up with the same error, creating a never ending cycle of getting nowhere. Any help or ideas?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This sounds like you have made a hardware change in the computer so the recovery CD sees this as a different computer. Only way around this is to change the hardware back or use a XP cd to reinstall. You must have your registration numbers from the computer to be able to use a XP CD.

SRX660

ShatteredOne

ShatteredOne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I made the CD's through the Creat my Drivers-Applications CD(s) application. It created 2 cds the first time, and it messed up at the same spot, so I tried to make more and the next time it made 3 cds, and it again messed up on the 2nd disk. How do I change my hardware back or get an XP cd?

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Are you trying to install it on a different computer?

ShatteredOne

ShatteredOne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No I am not, same computer as I got the files off of.

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Not sure why it would create 2 the first time and 3 the second time. Try burning them at a slower speed. To replace them, contact the manufacturer of the computer. You could also call any authorized service providers in your area and see if they have copies of the disks.

ShatteredOne

ShatteredOne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I guess I'll do that, I was hoping to avoid the manufacteur and do it myself, but o well. Thanks.