Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HD died

• Please log in to reply

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
my HD is about gone & im putting new 1 in but i want to get my IE favorites off it..where in windows (directory) are those located & what would be the best (easiest) way to pull them off the bad drive

Edited by jmoney3457, 03 April 2008 - 06:40 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you can open IE at all, then while its open go to "file" then "Import and Export" and export the favorites to a html file and place it in your documents folder. Then you can use a Flash drive to copy the html file to it. You can then transfer the file to any computer and access the files from any browser.

SRX660

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

If you can open IE at all, then while its open go to "file" then "Import and Export" and export the favorites to a html file and place it in your documents folder. Then you can use a Flash drive to copy the html file to it. You can then transfer the file to any computer and access the files from any browser.

SRX660

can't access windows on it..its pretty much gone ...i found out where IE fav located (C:docs & settings/%username&/favorites) but how can i retrieve em off the bad drive?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well you can try this.

http://www.shockfami...cedric/knoppix/

One thing is that if your hard drive has crashed very badly there may be no files that you can recover.

SRX660