Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible wireless card fault

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi,

Hope someone can help, I posted a topic a few weeks ago about how I could not connect to the internet. http://www.geekstogo...n...&hl=IEFRAME

I kept getting a error message Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# in the bottom left hand corner and I read somewhere that it had something to do with my anti-virus(Onecare) and I had to uninstall it then reinstall so I did that and it seemed to work but now I don't think it was the case as it's happening again. I looked behind my computer and found that the LED on the card is flashing intermittently, is this normal ?

I have already took the card out of my computer and and put it back in just incase it was loose and it wasn't. I plugged in the cable from the wireless router and my internet works fine so it has to be the card.

Is there anything it could be or any thing I could try to solve this problem as the card is only 3 months old and was working fine before. I cant find my receipt so I can't take it back to the shop if this is a faulty card.

Please help, any advice will be much appreciated.

Advertisements