Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download manager

• Please log in to reply

tinamaeb

tinamaeb

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Good Morning.

I seem to have run into a problem that only a download manager can solve. I live in a rural area and the only option that I have for internet service is Satellite. They have placed a restriction of 200 megabytes for a 24 hour period of downloads. As you all know this is such a small amount I seem to be over my limit on a regular basis. Especially doing downloads of pod casts and audio books from itunes.

I downloaded the free download manager but I cannot see that this will help much because I cannot figure out how to use it with itunes . In addition, I cannot set it to watch how much I download and stop it before I go over the limit.

One more thing - I can download all the content that I want between 3 and 6 am eastern time there are no restrictions. This program will let me schedule when to start the download but not when to stop it if it is not complete and resume the next day - unless I am just missing it.

Does anyone know how to make this program work for me or another one that would allow me to schedule downloads from itunes and other sites between these time frames and monitors my downloading so I will not exceeds the measly allowance I am given.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tina Brown

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most download managers only integrate into the web browsers, not other programs like iTunes.
A far easier solution might be to tell the computer to shut down at 5:55am, and any decent download manager should be able to pick up from next time.