Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,
I turned off my PC last night and upon switching it on this morning its not letting me log on to Msn Messenger. For that matter it appears that I cant access any msn sites at all.

I've taken my norton firewall off and am running with the windows firewall on. It appears that the firewall is enabled to let msn work???

I'm getting "sorry am unable to log you in at this time error 80072efd".

I can log in using my work laptop with a gprs card, so its not msn being down as it were.

It appears that msn is not recognising that im connected to the internet???? Does anyone have any ideas?

PS: If it helps it wont allow me to access online gaming either such as "medal of honour"

I've tried it with the firewall on and off and I get the same responses.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
when you say you can log in using your work laptop, do you mean from work, or from the same place, using the same connection as the other computer?

80072efd is a network error that likely has nothing to do with your system.