Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wildblue satellite and chat problems

• Please log in to reply

mudd274

mudd274

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to all.
I switched from dial up to wildblue satellite and cant enter a chat site that I could when I had dialup. The chat starts to load and then freezes. I know for sure theres no problem with the chat room because i can enter on neighbors dial up. Wildblue says they dont block ports but I dont know if thats the case or what. the address has a :8080 after the name and i think that is the port that is being throttled or blocked. I am using the modem that came with the satellite. I sometimes get a message that says:

content encoding error (content_ encoding_error)

this is typically caused by a web site presnting a content encoding header of one type and then encoding the data differently.

for assistance contact your network support team.

Can anyone help please.
thanks
mudd274

Advertisements