Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard questions

• Please log in to reply

jst42day

jst42day

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hi.
I'm interested in a GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard and have 2 questions.
1. If any of you have any experience with it, how well do you like it?
2. The latest revision is 2.1 . But I haven't been able to find it for sale online in the USA.
Is this normal or am I just missing the obvious?
Thanks.
jst42day

Advertisements

webbiam

webbiam

• Pip
  • 4 posts
jst42day, check my recent post. it should be a few below you, titled "motherboard overheating." maybe that will raise some concerns ;P

jst42day

jst42day

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Webbiam,
Thanks for the help.
Now I need to figure out a good motherboard for a SOHO/Home use pc w/XP Pro and a E6750 Core2 Duo.
If you or anybody else has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
I don't plan on overclocking and will not be playing many games.
Needs to have Sata and eSata, USB 2 etc. and has to be reliable.
Regards.
jst42day

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
jst42day,

I have not personally worked with this particular motherboard - but I just replied to another user on this site who is having thermal issues with the same model. Check out:

http://www.geekstogo...rd-t193659.html

If you go to the post above, you'll find links to another site that documents thermal issues with this particular motherboard model.

As someone who personally hasn't worked with this motherboard - I won't go on record as recommending it or discouraging you from purchasing it. All I know is what I've read from the user on this site as well as the linked site that is within my other post.

I can say that I've personally had good experiences with ASUS motherboards. They tend to cost a bit more than other boards out there - but I've consistently had good results when building systems with ASUS motherboards. This is ONLY my opinion - so take my advice for what it's worth. If you're interested in researching/comparing motherboard offerings out there - I would recommend checking out:

http://www.tomshardware.com/us/

For several years - I've found this site to be a GREAT resource when it comes to comparing & evaluating the latest & greatest PC hardware that's available.

Hope this helps.

- John Hook

jst42day

jst42day

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
John Hook,
Thanks for the advice.
I did some research on the Gigabyte motherboards last night and think I'll leave them alone for now.
I'll be checking with Tom's and some other places for Asus and whatever so that I can get on with the build.
Enjoy the day.
jst42day