Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JavaScript error

• Please log in to reply

Kathyf

Kathyf

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Loading my home page 'http://hughesnet.myway.com' I get the error message 'done with errors' the Content module at top of page doesn't show anything the the advance arrows, no graphics, text, just a white box. when I click on the error icon in bottom left it shows the following info:
line: 325
char: 10
Error: unspecified error
Code: 0
url: http://hughesnet.myw...tentmodule.html

ANY IDEAS? I did go to sun java and download updates and install and am still having same issue.... my space works fine as do all other pages I go to. Just my home page... have chatted with hughesnet help desk and they say contact MICROSOFT... please tell me I don't have to go that far.

Thanks for all you do and for just being here for us geek wannabes....

Kathy Fakes
Lebanon, TN

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I'm pretty sure its a javascript issue...
if your using IE 7 try uninstalling it..it just rolls back to IE 6...if your using IE 6 try 7...
or get firefox here.. it will import all your favorites when it installs

Edited by happyrck, 04 April 2008 - 06:34 PM.

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
thanks... I'll try it and let you know

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
just out of curiosity...why do you want that as your start page instead of something like your email or some other site that you go to every time you go online...

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
it looks like there's a problem with this block of code
if ((cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)') > 0) && (cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)') < 30)) {
//cm_array[cmint][5]=cm_array[cmint][5].substring(cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)')+7,cm_array[cmint][5].length);
			var tmp = /AP\) *- *(.*?)$/i.exec(cm_array[cmint][5]);
			if (tmp[1] != 'undefined')
				cm_array[cmint][5] = tmp[1];
			else
				cm_array[cmint][5] = cm_array[cmint][5].substring(cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)')+6,cm_array[cmint][5].length);
		}

I'm not sure about the line starting with 'var tmp' and am not sure how to fix it. This code will run without errors on IE if you comment the entire block of code.

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

it looks like there's a problem with this block of code

if ((cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)') > 0) && (cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)') < 30)) {
//cm_array[cmint][5]=cm_array[cmint][5].substring(cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)')+7,cm_array[cmint][5].length);
			var tmp = /AP\) *- *(.*?)$/i.exec(cm_array[cmint][5]);
			if (tmp[1] != 'undefined')
				cm_array[cmint][5] = tmp[1];
			else
				cm_array[cmint][5] = cm_array[cmint][5].substring(cm_array[cmint][5].indexOf('(AP)')+6,cm_array[cmint][5].length);
		}

I'm not sure about the line starting with 'var tmp' and am not sure how to fix it. This code will run without errors on IE if you comment the entire block of code.

What do I need to do with this code and where do I find it. I'm still having problems with not able to display home page stuff...