Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help I got this weird error

• Please log in to reply

kachaw

kachaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm running an Acer laptop with windows xp and when I start it up it gets stuck at the windows xp startup logo. It was weird because I was just using it and the next day after I start it up the problem started. When I press "Windows + U" which I think is shutdown and this comes up.. http://i29.photobuck....y/SI850131.jpg

Sorry for the low quality image, I just took that with my camera.

If anybody has any idea on how to solve this problem, It would be highly appreciated.

PS: sorry for my bad english I'm still learning.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi kachaw welcome to Geeks 2 Go... :)
can you boot into safe mode...if so try system restore...go back about a week..
BTW there is no photo at that link

and its supposed to be Windows + tap the U key TWICE to shutdown
Windows + U gets you a utility manager...was it like my screen capture

Edited by happyrck, 04 April 2008 - 05:54 PM.

kachaw

kachaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi happyrck, Ive tried booting in safe mode but it still gets stuck at the windows xp logo.

heres the image that ive posted above.

http://i29.photobuck...dy/SI850131.jpg

I hope this isnt a problem in my hardware... if it is then i hope its not my hard drive :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
then you will have to repair windows...Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system!..how to is here..