Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My HP printer is dead

• Please log in to reply

gemnikkic

gemnikkic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We have an HP printer PSC 1410. It already had problems the first time we bought it because of a wrong installation; it always prints a test page when turn on and sometimes it does not recover from an error. We continued using it anyway because it could still print.
Our computer was recently reformatted and we thought that would fix the problem but it only made it worse. The printer does not turn on anymore. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Did you reinstall the drivers for the printer after you reformatted?

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
gemnikkic,

Before you assume that your HP printer is faulty/damaged, I would first check out HP's support site for this printer at:

http://h10025.www1.h...t...ng=en&cc=nz

HP Printers in general allow you to run a demo/test page by holding down a sequence of buttons on the printer while powering ON the printer. If you go to the site above, you can download the printer's user manual which will tell you how to do this. I'm not saying that there's NOT a problem with your printer - just that the problem may be with your PC's drivers or USB port (if the printer is connect to your PC via USB).

I'd go to this site and check out the printer BEFORE you make the decision that there's a problem with it.

Hope this helps.

- John Hook