Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Asus A8n-E, no power, no post, DEAD!

• Please log in to reply

XFX

XFX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, last year I built this system, and was working fine for a long period roughly 1 year, yesterday I hit a brick wall. When I try to power my system up, it fails to show any power at all. The little led light mounted on the A8n-E mobo blinks continiously which I think is indicating a problem. My intuition is telling me there is a short circuit somewhere, I'm currently unable to diagnose where though. Ive come here for some assistance in getting this system back up and running. Here is what I have attempted in troubleshooting the problem.

I have : removed all components and refitted them in case there was a loose connection, tried booting the system with just cpu and ram, I dont have another psu i can test which Im annoyed at. Has anybody got any ideas as to why my system would be getting no power or what could cause a short?

One thing I might mention, when I first built the computer, It never went smooth, my only option was to call out a techie(good one too) he fixed my system up at his workshop, when I asked the techie what the cause was, he mentioned something about the GFX card being loose and needed tightend to the PCI-E slot, now if it were the GFX card, why does the system not receive any power when I remove it? and what is this LED Light trying to tell me?

Please I would truly appreciate any light on this matter because I am bigtime cheesed off.

Thanks Alot for reading my latest fiasco!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Borrow a PSU from a friend, or buy a cheap one for situations such as these. The symptoms are signs of a defective PSU.