Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fire Fox restarting my computer

• Please log in to reply

jaydawg3000

jaydawg3000

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
has been less lately but... firefox restarts my computer at least once every day without asking me if i want to restart my computer... before it was like 3 times a day... i know it's firefox because it's always when i am in the process of using firefox and when i open firefox after the restart it says firefox has been updated... i checked and it was the same update every time

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Are you able to load Firefox in safe mode by typing the following in "Start" "Run":

firefox -safe -mode

jaydawg3000

jaydawg3000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
yes i am

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You may want to disable all of the add-ons in Firefox - if you have any - while in Safe Mode to possibly fix the problem. To do this:

Run Firefox in Safe Mode, Go to "Tools" and select "Add-Ons" Find all of them and disable them.

After, restart Firefox in Regular mode and see if it works correctly.