Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SmitFraud removal didn't work.

• Please log in to reply

Timmay

Timmay

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed instructions from another user's post. I had a blue screen with the SmitFraud Trojan Spy error message as my backround, and generally my computer wasn't acting the way it should.
The computer is fixed now, thanks to you guys;.....almost. I still get a good deal of popups. Wondering what the best program is for that.
Also I do not have display options, so I cannot change my backround unless I right click a picture on the internet (not a photo from my docs) and choose to make it my new backround. The only options I have are "settings" and "screensaver".
Programs downloaded:
AVG
Spybot
Adaware
SpywareBlaster
HijackThis
and an old version of MacAfee.

Any help?

Edited by Timmay, 25 April 2005 - 06:27 AM.

Advertisements

modracer2

modracer2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Try this: http://www.kellys-ko.../desktoptab.reg

Timmay

Timmay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That was cool. I did that. Gave me my tabs back but wouldn't let me use them fully. I can click the tabs but some areas are 'greyed out'.
You can see that it thinks that there is still a blue screen backround with the error message re: the SmitFraud Trojan Spy. I had gone on the internet and grabbed a picture of deer, right clicked and 'set as wallpaper'. Thats the only way I can change wallpaper as the same does not work for pictures I have saved on C Drive.
I also still get popups.

Attached Files

Edited by Timmay, 27 April 2005 - 08:21 PM.