Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic Digital Media LE V 7

• Please log in to reply

dennisk

dennisk

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I can't get the program to function. I'm trying to disk copy a dvd I made, myself, not copy righted material. Disk copy allows me to insert the master disk and it appears to copy the material at which point it ejects the master and instructs to insert a blank dvd which I do. The tray goes in, I press the "click button" to continue. It appears to operate for a few seconds and nothing further occurs. The program came with my Dell computer and never did work. I subsequently purchased Roxio Creator 9 which I thought would solve my problems but did not. The Roxio works for a few sessions than comes up with the error message that the trial period has expired. Trial period? I purchased the full program. I emailed Roxio support and they want me to un-install and re-install which I did and still get the same results. I am aware that there may be conflicts with different programs but how do I determine where the conflicts are occurring? Is it possible that the Sonics program is keeping the Roxio from operating? I am running Win XP Pro. Thanks, Dennis

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Just a thought - have you tried both DVD +R & DVD -R blank media, some writers only work with one format.

dennisk

dennisk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply. It is supposed to be used with the + but I've also tried with -. I followed Roxio's recommendation to do a clean un-install/install. I removed all of the Roxio and Sonic info and then just re-installed Media Creator 9. It worked without a hitch. A few days later I tried to copy another dvd and the dreaded "trial period has ended" surfaced when I attempted to enter the program. Rixio has the lousiest POS products I've ever worked with. Thanks, Dennis