Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is_4DON6.exe

• Please log in to reply

stigmata242

stigmata242

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all! I happened to notice recently that every time I start my PC, I get an error message stating that Windows cannot find a file called "is_4DON6.exe." See attachment below.

Attached File  error_2_.bmp.pdf   58.94KB   77 downloads

I've run searches on google for this, but have found absolutely nothing. Has anyone ever heard of this, or have any idea what it might be? Thanks in advance!

-stigmata242

Edited by stigmata242, 06 April 2008 - 07:32 AM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Stigmata242,

Have you done any anti-malware scans?
What Protection software do you use?

Regards,
Olrik

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Murray

stigmata242

stigmata242

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello Stigmata242,

Have you done any anti-malware scans?
What Protection software do you use?

Regards,
Olrik

Thanks for the quick reply Olrik. Yes, I'm running Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-Virus and ZoneAlarm for the firewall. All of them are updated, and the most recent scan I've run didn't come up with anything of note.

stigmata242

stigmata242

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Howdy and welcome to GTG:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Murray

Thanks Murray. I'll start there and see if that solves anything.

-stigmata242

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Please follow the instructions of Murray first :)
It still might be malware.
If you still have problems after that feel free to reply here and we'll figure out what your problem is and work it out.

Regards,
Olrik