Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Layout Problem

• Please log in to reply

ajehan

ajehan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i'm trying to use the UK layout for my keyboard, however cannot apply the English (United Kingdom) setting. There is no option to use the UK layout. I'm currently using Windows XP x64 bit. i've also noticed that my " and @ symbols haveve switched positions.

any help would be appreciated :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Langages -> Details.
Add UK Keyboard, remove US one, OK back out, restart computer.

ajehan

ajehan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
O.K so i tried ^^... adding U.K keyboard and the option i get is U.K (International) i pressed O.K and i get a message box saying unable to add U.K layout... so the keyboard reverts back to U.S layout...very annoying

Dellica

Dellica

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I'm quite sure it says more then just 'unable to add keyboard layout UK', could you type exactly what the error says please? You can gat a variety of errors adding keyboard layouts but I'm not quite sure which one you had there :)

ajehan

ajehan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
^^^so here's the error message i get ''windows could not properly load the English [united kingdom] keyboard layout''. I navigated to regional & language options > languages> details. The only installed language option i get is English[United Kingdom] - United states international. If i click details> add, the option i get is engllish -uk international, i select keyboard layout/IME as uk international and press apply, the error message appears...