Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use this link to download raid driver from Asus. If the computer is unstable download it to a storage device on another computer and install it on the faulty disk.

If this doesn't help try to disconnect the two disks which do not have the operating system, bootup and report what happens.

Advertisements

wanabecastro

wanabecastro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi I'm back from work!
Ok I've read your last instructions.
I've found a floppy disc which says:
"raid drivers M2NPV-VM"
This sounds just like the thing you sugested, would this be ok?
Now how do I find out which disk is faulty, and how do I install it on the faulty disk?
If I remember right, my brother put the drives parallel (for speed?) and there are three of them.
I think he said they use a scramble system, writing simultaniously parts of what needs to be stored on each disk, in order for it to be retrieved faster, and he said when one goes down all the data could be retrieved from the two remaining ones using some sort of coding. Does this make sence?
Will I loose all my stuff in My Documents and the rest, or will that be save when I install the RAID Drivers?

Thank you for the support!

Regards
Pablo

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What I think should be done is to find out if the problem is software related or is the result of a failure in one of the disks. I must admit that I don't have much experience with raid arrays and I suggest that you wait for other helpers' input.

wanabecastro

wanabecastro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,
anyone out there who might be able to help

thank you

Pablo

wanabecastro

wanabecastro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
This query has had so many hits,
There must be somebody out there who can contribute!
Please don't be shy, I rely on you guys!

How can I make shure my personal data is not beeing lost?
Can I reinstall the raid drivers without loosing these ever important personal data?
Or do I need to save it in some way before?
How can I find out which drive has been corupted? (please read prevous messages)
Can I run any tests to find out wether I'm dealing with a soft or hard ware problem?

Regards

Pablo

wanabecastro

wanabecastro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi again,
havn't seen any new contributions to my crashed computer!
Are you all asleep or is this truely such a difficult question, that no one has even the slightest clue how to solve this?
Someone I spoke to today reckons that it sounds like a defective power supply!
Could this be possible?
Please geeks, respond!
Regards
Pablo

tomszifiu

tomszifiu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I'm a new user with XP SP3 and a bad memory error message.
It says "The Memory could not be written", the same nightmare as other people.
But thats not all. The system crashes from 80% of my programs i try to run.
I've installed HijackThis, ran a scan, (results below), and i tried to run Stinger, it said there is a trojan virus on my pc, then crashed.
I've tried to change my DEP options, but simply i cant open "System" window, cuz when a try, i get the error message of the memory again.
Please help me!