Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP !

• Please log in to reply

JC4

JC4

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I can't figure out how to fix this issue. I finally got the computer ro boot into Safe Mode and then it actually worked regularly for a moment. Now it's doing the same as before and that is as soon as it boots up, the screen goes black. I get teh progress bar when I open the laptop from hibernating and as soon as it goes through the progress it goes black. Shutting it down completely and then starting it back up - goes black after the Windows icon; hitting F8 and booting in Last Known Good , Debugging - screen goes BLACK !!!! So frustrated. Was finally able to post this in safe mode with networking ..........posted same problem 3 days ago and was given some advice but was all based around using a Windows bootable CD - can't come across. Could there be something else going on without having ot re-install Windows ?

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello ,

posted same problem 3 days ago and was given some advice but was all based around using a Windows bootable CD - can't come across.

have you tried repairing windows through cd . if yes then can you tell problems you are facing while repairing .

thanks

JC4

JC4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't have the cd ........had to register as a new user 3 days ago because I couldn't remember password - but am in this computer now. Other posting is dated April 4th under keltydog12 and the topic is Please Help - Black Screen! Thanks for helping me out!!!

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
what i can think at this moment is that some of files of window got corrupt and the only option is to repair the windows .
so just wait might possible some other member have any good idea.

thanks

Edited by AlErT, 06 April 2008 - 01:22 PM.

JC4

JC4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am CURED !!!! i think .........I went through System restore and was able to load in a previous date- seems to be working at the moment - we'll see. I at least have a screen now !!!