Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Bufferchm?

• Please log in to reply

vistaguy1987

vistaguy1987

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi

I have a file named bufferchm on my computer, I guessed that it might be spyware/malware, so I attempted to get rid of it using Dr. Web Antivirus and it didnt discover it. I then proceeded to attempt to delete it using a program called Revouninstaller that I got off download.com, and it asked me if I was sure I wanted to delete that part of my registtry! What should I do?

Vistaguy1987 :)

Similar Topics: Bufferchm?     x

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello Vistaguy1987,
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

pawzisme

pawzisme

• Pip
  • 1 posts
it is part of a Hewlett Packard application software - not malware.

BnD MsTr

BnD MsTr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

it is part of a Hewlett Packard application software - not malware.

Confirmed. Found the bufferchm folder in the set up folder of the software download I used to scrub my HP printer out of my PC. Its a Windows Installer package/cabinet file. Thanks pawzisme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured