Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PowerPoint

• Please log in to reply

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I would like to know how I can add a full MP3 to a power point slide show, not just a sound for each frame.

Advertisements

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
it is possible. we do it all the time at our school for our community broadcast over the TV and internet. Follow This tutorial

Hope that helps for now

Student101

Edited by Student101, 06 April 2008 - 09:06 PM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to the Office forum.

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

it is possible. we do it all the time at our school for our community broadcast over the TV and internet. Follow This tutorial

Hope that helps for now

Student101

Thank you for your time and effort but I'm not sure I made myself clear.My fault. What the tutorial proposed is what I already knew. After following the nessecary steps, I still end up with the track starting over and not playing through until the last frame is shown. This is what I am trying to get around. Once the PPS starts, I am trying to inderstand how I can keep just the one track playing straight through the entire presentation. I've seen other PPS and the creator somehow was able to have just one song play the entire time of the PPS. If it can be done I know it can. Maybe because I don't have PPT 2003. I have 2000 maybe that's why. Or maybe I'm going about it all wrong.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
GLENPTG,

What steps have you taken so far? This can be tricky. I did something like this a few years ago, but then scrapped it because the presentation was being done in an auditorium and I ended up creating a CD that was played over the sound system. I think it got it working before changing my method. I have 2003, not 2000, but if you tell how you've formatted it now, we can try some things out.

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hope that helps for now

Student101

Thank you for your time and effort but I'm not sure I made myself clear.My fault. What the tutorial proposed is what I already knew. After following the nessecary steps, I still end up with the track starting over and not playing through until the last frame is shown. This is what I am trying to get around. Once the PPS starts, I am trying to inderstand how I can keep just the one track playing straight through the entire presentation. I've seen other PPS and the creator somehow was able to have just one song play the entire time of the PPS. If it can be done I know it can. Maybe because I don't have PPT 2003. I have 2000 maybe that's why. Or maybe I'm going about it all wrong.

Ok.I figured it out. Going by the steps was informative except I had to skip a couple of things. Anyway, thank you again!!! Mission Accomplished.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Thanks for letting us know. :)

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

GLENPTG,

What steps have you taken so far? This can be tricky. I did something like this a few years ago, but then scrapped it because the presentation was being done in an auditorium and I ended up creating a CD that was played over the sound system. I think it got it working before changing my method. I have 2003, not 2000, but if you tell how you've formatted it now, we can try some things out.

Thank you for asking. If you read down you will see I FINALLY figured it out..LOL.

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok.one more question. iI would like to know how I can download a video from Jib Jab.a site that has some good stuff but I treid to just get the vid to no avail.I'm open to suggestions

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
I'm not sure that you can - a lot of these types of sites restrict you from downloading content. From their Terms of Use:

PROPRIETARY RIGHTS:

User agrees that all content and materials available on the JibJab Site(s) are protected by rights of publicity, copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by JibJab, User agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from materials or content available on the JibJab Site(s), or otherwise use any content, copyrights, trademarks or intellectual property of JibJab in any way without JibJab's prior, written consent. User also agree not to retrieve data or other content or any materials from the JibJab Site(s) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of "bots" or otherwise. User agrees not to use any of JibJab's content, names or trademarks as metatags on other web sites. User agrees not to display any of the JibJab Site(s) in a frame (or any of our content via in-line links) without JibJab's express written permission.

The line I put in bold would suggest to me that you can't use content from their site.

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I'm not sure that you can - a lot of these types of sites restrict you from downloading content. From their Terms of Use:

PROPRIETARY RIGHTS:

User agrees that all content and materials available on the JibJab Site(s) are protected by rights of publicity, copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by JibJab, User agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from materials or content available on the JibJab Site(s), or otherwise use any content, copyrights, trademarks or intellectual property of JibJab in any way without JibJab's prior, written consent. User also agree not to retrieve data or other content or any materials from the JibJab Site(s) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of "bots" or otherwise. User agrees not to use any of JibJab's content, names or trademarks as metatags on other web sites. User agrees not to display any of the JibJab Site(s) in a frame (or any of our content via in-line links) without JibJab's express written permission.

The line I put in bold would suggest to me that you can't use content from their site.

Your probably right. I had a hard time in YouTube but finally got it. No big deal. Thanx for your input. Glen