Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With Puppy Linux

• Please log in to reply

ninerfan88

ninerfan88

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I got suggestions yesterday how to back up my data using puppy linux.

Well I burned puppy linux and I booted up my PC that I am having problems with, it goes through all the tests and now it has stopped loading at the Loading Kernel Modules (at 'rc.sysinit' script in /etc/rc.d) and it has been there for about I'd say 20 minutes. Does it take that long? I thought I take the CD out after it boots to the puppy desktop.

Help Please!!!

Edited by ninerfan88, 06 April 2008 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like a defective CD. Should boot in just a few minutes. How did you create it?

Can you try the CD in another computer?

ninerfan88

ninerfan88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The CD works but it gets stuck at what seems like the last phase before I get into the puppy linux desktop. No I don't have another PC I can test on today.

ninerfan88

ninerfan88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So I burned a new CD and the same thing happens. It runs all the way up until: Now executing 'rc.sysinit' script in /etc/rc.d....
and it stops at Loading kernel modules

It runs fast all the way up until this point and then it just stops. I'm pretty sure I burned it right and its working until this point. Am I doing something wrong. I have 2.16 seamonkeys, and its not working. Help please!

Edited by ninerfan88, 06 April 2008 - 03:36 PM.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
With respect, this section is for Windows problems only. Problems concerning Linux distros should be posted here:
http://www.geekstogo...Systems-f7.html

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try the cd in another computer...if it boots to puppy desktop on that computer ..the cd is fine and you have a hardware problem ...try a live cd like ubuntu or knoppix...they run from the cd drive