Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shutdown Problems

• Please log in to reply

J_Mac

J_Mac

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hello. Recently my pc just decided not to shutdown. I click on the shutdown button then it goes through the process of, Logging off......, Saving your settings..., Then Shutting Down Your Computer.... and thats where the problem is. It gets too the Shutting Down Your Computer... Screen and does nothing from there. It just hangs there forever and will not do anything until you either hold down the Power Button for 5 seconds or turn it off at the powerpoint which I don't think can be good for my pc. It started happening specifically after I installed some new software, in specific a new update from Apple, The 'Safari' web browser. I have since uninstalled but have got no results. Also my friend said he had some problems after he installed and tryed safari complaining he got infected straight away and had to clean his computer up. I have scanned my computer with Windows Live OneCare but it finds nothing. I also got these messages which scared the daylights outta me.

error1.png

error2.png

error3.png

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hello , my name is AlErT, and I will be helping you today. Welcome to GeeksToGo, we are here to help you!

do you have any system restore point created prior to installation of browser so that we can go back to previous state.
if not do u have any folder of that browser in your computer .
if yes try to delete them and tell me about the results .

thanks

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I wouldn't recommend deleteing folders out of the blue. If you're talking about an Infection then,
I Suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

J_Mac

J_Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I took AlErT's advice and deleted the remaining files associated with safari just then. But just read the advice of Artellos and am ot feeling good about deleting the files/folders. Nonetheless the pc is still normal as it was before so it seems good so far. Yet the pc was still unable to shut itself down. Umm also how do you work all this system restore stuff. I was looking at it before but could only find the settings but not how to peform one. Ok I'll check out the logs now, Thanks

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Please do not do a system restore just yet.
The malware staff can do wonders on your PC in the terms of removing infections.
In my experience System restore doesn't always fix the problem.

Regards,
Olrik

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
according to me there is process related to browser consuming resources of cpu .
and not allowing your system to shut down . we can see that but before that you can get your log checked

J_Mac

J_Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I'm reading through the malware forums and they suggest you need to install alot of anti-virus programs to do the first cleanup. I already have Windows Live OneCare installed and before I installed it I had AVG anti-virus. When I installed OneCare it said I had to remove AVG first because they conflict and cause problems with OneCare. I do not want to get rid of OneCare atm because its on a sunscription which was not that cheap for me. What should I do?

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
As i said:

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge!:)

Just pointing out :)

Regards,
Olrik

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Edited to remove recommendation for a registry cleaner - not the appropriate response for this problem

J_Mac

J_Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
To AlErT, Here is my log and please forgive if I am not suppose to post this here as I am quite new. If its not the right place can you plese redirect me? Anyways here is the log;

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello

you can not post your log here as it is against rule .post this log in malware forum .
here we can't discuss about logs . so please post your log again im appropriate forum and for the time being you can download tool and use it
it might can solve your problem.

thanks

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
the malware doctors are found in this forum.
Goodluck! :thumbs:

Regards,
Olrik

J_Mac

J_Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ohk. Thanks For That. Sorry For The Wrong Posting.

J_Mac

J_Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hello Again. Well I've Been To The Malware Forum And Have Got My Computer Fixed Up And Cleaned. Still I Am Having Problems Shutting Down My Pc And the Staff At The Malware Forum Advised Me To Come Back here Since They Cannot Help me With This Problem. Do You Have Any Other Suggestions With This Please?!

Thanks

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello,

itrs good that you followed the advice given in malware forum and get your computer cleaned. i am hoping that some other member may help you because tool which i suggested you earlier was against forum rules so wait so anybody else can help you .

thanks