Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A problem with the Audio in windows

• Please log in to reply

kokoko

kokoko

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
I have a problem with audio, every once in a while I try to play an audio file and it just goes fastforward and doesn't play, sometimes it just gets stuck after 2 seconds.
I tried to check my audio card (phonic firefly 302) and it's fine, I think the problem is with the controller or something..
Whenever I restart my computer/the audio card the problem is solved, but it keeps on happening..

what should I do?

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello ,

what software you are using to play audio files and whether the problem is with specific file or with all.
if its with specific file then can you tell me its size.

thanks

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hello,
I have a problem with audio, every once in a while I try to play an audio file and it just goes fastforward and doesn't play, sometimes it just gets stuck after 2 seconds.
I tried to check my audio card (phonic firefly 302) and it's fine

I too would like to know what program you are using to play your audio files. As for your actual problem, when you are playing these audio files, do you have anything else running in the background or is your media player the only thing running? If you do more than what your computer can handle at a time, songs will skip and pause when played.

That's all I can suggest.

kokoko

kokoko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
WINAMP,

kokoko

kokoko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
help?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried a different player...like VLC or windows media player..if one of those work..uninstall winamp and reinstall it

kokoko

kokoko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I wrote this before, I tried it on many players and it did the same thing, I tried it on:
Winamp, windows media player, media player classic, songbird, VLC, Real player, Total video player.
Same problem for every single player, so it's not the player, it's something with the windows system I guess... help?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I wrote this before, I tried it on many players and it did the same thing

not in this thread you didn't...

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello ,

can you just check whether the size of file you are trying to play is 1 Kb or not . and second thing can you tell us whether the sound driver you have installed is compatible or not . if possible provide some information about the motherboard model and sound driver .

thanks

kokoko

kokoko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
They are bigger than 1 kb and they have been played before, it's just that sometimes it simply doesn't make any sound.
it even did it a couple of times in the middle of the song, and no, there is no problem with the song.
Let's say i'm listening to Beatles - Let it be, I've listened to the exact same song a 1,000 times, but every now and then it the computer simply mutes and I can't here it, sometimes through the whole song, sometimes in the middle.
it's not a problem with the song (happens on every sound when it mutes)
it's not a problem with the player (tried every single player out there)
it's not a problem with the sound card (phonic firefly 302, tried it on linux, works perfectly without an occasional mute)
it's some kind of problem with the driver or audio device manager or what-not in windows, I have to mention that I also have an internal soundcard and it might be problematic for windows to realize that I don't want it to use the internal soundcard but the external one...?

MotherBoard Data:

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 10/26/2005-P4M800Pro-823-6A7L6G04C-00
Motherboard Name Unknown

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Have you disabled the integrated soundcard in your BIOS so that windows only sees the add-on sound card?