Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

autochk problem causing contant reboot loop

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If you used nLite to slipstream SP2, then it quite likely does not have the Recovery Console or Repair support. That's why I keep my original XP CD around. If you used Autostreamer then this is not the case.

Advertisements

SandstormGT

SandstormGT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Unfortunately, I used nLite. When I put the HDD in question in my other computer and boot up, it asks what would I like to boot into and gives me to Microsoft XP Installs and a Recovery Install, so its still recognising it

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
So since you used nLite, does that mean you have an original laying around somewhere? Repair is definitely the best way to go about this....

EDIT: Also, put the drive in the other computer, and see if there are any dumps in the drives \WINDOWS\Minidump\ folder. Also see if there are any "GINA" files in \WINDOWS\system32, other than msgina.dll. If there is, just back it up and delete it. See what happens.

Edited by The Admiral, 10 April 2008 - 08:50 PM.