Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound problem

• Please log in to reply

Euterpe

Euterpe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had to move my computer to another room. My speakers were fine before but now they aren't working. I plugged them in properly and they're turned on. The volume controls on my computer aren't muted. I looked in device manager and it says my sound card (Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme) is working properly. I borrowed my mom's speakers (which I know for sure work) but they aren't working on my computer either. What gives?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
First check the speakers on another computer. Second is to open the case and pull out and reseat the sound card in the slot. When plugging in the speakers and they are powered up you should get some noise out of them if your sound is turned up. Is the volume control on the speakers itself turned up? If everything else has been checked take the sound card to a shop to be checked.

SRX660