Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spybot s&d problem

• Please log in to reply

mechanic

mechanic

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Can someone advise me what to do with a problem i appear to have with my laptop?The operating system is vista home premium.i recently down loaded spybot s&d and ad-aware.When i ran ad-aware it showed up tracking cookies which it deleted.When i ran spybot it came up with a warning of

spybot has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.

category session manager

change value added

entry boot execute

new data autocheck autochk *\ls delete\

it then is asking to allow change or deny change.

If i hover the cursor over a symbol down on the right hand side of the task bar is says 62152 processes blacklisted. Can someone advise me what to do as i am fairly new to computers and don`t know what is happening.

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
This is just a Bult in part of Spybot S&D
All this does is stop the harmful or 'Blacklisted' Processes known to Spybot from running with ouyt user knowledged (by saying its safe to run) or if its black listed not at all

I should think this is safe to allow if you know what it is, and have installed anything recently

I would also do the imunize on the Spybot S&D mainpage if you havent already

Hope this Helps

SpuD

mechanic

mechanic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the reply SPUD. Its just that i have spybot installed on my main pc running xp pro and have never had anything like this on there.Maybe something to do with vista i presume? Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
No problem :)

It mabe you dont have it on your XP because its an optional Addon when you install (i mean you can untick not to have it enabled or not)

If you want to disable it or enable, go to the main Spybot Window, and slect mode at the top, then select ' Advanced Mode'

click yes to the warning that will then popup, Then down the bottom left 3 new tabs should appear. Go down to 'tools' and click the + sign. Next go down to Resident.

Dont mess with the other settings unless you know what your doing!

Then Tick (or Untick) the Resident 'Tea Timer'

This will then active the Blacklisted files (or deactivate it depending on what you want)

Then go to mode and reselct 'Default mode'

Hope this helps

SpuD

Edited by ==SpuD==, 11 April 2008 - 05:14 AM.

mechanic

mechanic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have done what you suggested and this has solved the problems that i had. I did`nt even know there were other options that you could use! I did`nt play around with anything else though . So thanks again SpuD if it was`nt for guys like yourself we newbies would be in serious trouble.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
No problem :)

SpuD