Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys VPN Router password recovery?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

LynnAisling

LynnAisling

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Our former IT person configured our router and neglected to provide passwords to anything upon his termination. I have been able to recover/discover most of the passwords to things on our network, however, not the router.

We have a Linksys VP41 Router. We have two VPN tunnels setup for our satellite offices which I'd prefer not to break if possible. (if I didn't care about that I would just use a hard reset) Is there a way to recover the password? Even if we had to pay a fee from Linksys?? Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks a bunch for your consideration on this matter! Enjoy the day!!! :-)

(WOW I've had a lot of Diet Dew this morning)

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect from others trying to break in. While there might be many locations on the Internet that can help you learn about resetting router passwords, we a G2G do not assist in what amounts to hacking past a Security and Privacy safeguard.

While such requests are often legitimate, and come from users who experience exactly the kind of problem that you post, we have no way of determining legitimate vs. not legitimate, therefore we do not respond to such requests.

Regards,
Olrik

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Hard reset is your only option. Thats what Linksys will tell you. Since you can only hard-reset if you have access to the box, I can safely assume that you wont use this knowledge for wrong-doing.

Anything more than this, we cannot help you with on this issue. Any kind of password-hacking attempts would not be supported here.

ScHwErV :)