Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Safe Mode will not work - Windows 2000 SP4

• Please log in to reply

Pennagirl

Pennagirl

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I cannot get into Safe Mode using F8 key. Also I cannot access under control panel the add/edit Programs...it freezes.

Any ideas??
Thanks!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,960 posts
  • MVP
Pennagirl,

Based just on those two statements, I'm going to recommend you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first.
Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems.
If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log in this forum for the experts to analyze.
If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

The 2 symptoms you describe are some common side effects of the some of the malware that's out there right now. If a malware helper declares that you're clean, and you're still experiencing difficulties, then please come back to this thread for more assistance.

Do NOT post your hijackthis log in this thread.

sari

Pennagirl

Pennagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Now I can't sign on to computer. I get the screen that asks for my password, it cycles and the window for username and password just reappears. I did go to your malware forum.