Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AntiVirus solutions?

• Please log in to reply

hitechgreg

hitechgreg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The company that i work for is wanting to look at a different solution for Anti-virus protection. Currently we are using Symantec. While we are pleased with the protection that this offers and the ability to have a central place to control it we are finding that Symantec takes a lot of CPU cycles to operate. I've noticed a huge difference in the speed that a PC boots up after you install Symantec Anti-Virus.

What other solutions are out there that are worth looking into? I've honestly started looking at Trend Micro and their anti virus solution, but still have a lot of doubts.

What are the G2G community thoughts????

Thanks!!

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello

my company is using trend micro antivirus and its working well :) till now.

but my personal choice is kaspersky because i find easy to use kaspersky .

thanks

Edited by AlErT, 08 April 2008 - 12:57 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Avg Enterprise might be worth a look! :)

wsx123

wsx123

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Check out Avast Antivirus, version 4.8 was just released, I use it and it works great.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,959 posts
  • MVP
I use NOD32 in my office, and I strongly recommend it. It's not a resource hog, it updates frequently but unobtrusively, and it's one of the most effective anti-virus programs I've ever dealt with. It has caught threats ranging from drive-by downloads from websites to phishing attempts, and I see no difference in boot time after it's installed.