Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with securing my router

• Please log in to reply

fthful2

fthful2

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I have a Linksys wired BEFXS41 router. I read the write up on the opening page of Geeks To Go and I have not done any of that to mine and so I feel like I have my pants down and exposed. Could someone please help me with the setup so my internet and network will be more secure. I'm clueless on this part! Thanks much in advanced.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Since you have a wired router and you aren't dealing with wireless here, it is much more simple to "secure". The only two things I would recommend you check is, 1)update the firmware from Linksys's website and 2) make sure that the firewall is turned on, which is under the security tab in the administration website.

If you have any problems, let me know.